The posts that I received on different whatsapp groups on Women’s day prompted this message.
Why is everyone talking about the strength of women, as if it is something that has to be proven to “somebody out there” ?
Yes, we are strong enough to sustain a family.
Yes, we are organized enough to help everyone in our family reach their destinations on time with the required paraphernalia.
Yes, we are motivated enough to work hard and keep all deadlines intact.
Yes, we are caring enough to extend the care to our colleagues.
Yes, we do take care of ourselves too
– we pamper our mom within through those quiet moments with our baby,
– we nurture our soul within with all those insightful thoughts we have during our daily journeys!
– we go back to our little girl days when we call or visit our parents,
– we take pride in giving that li’l bit of sisterly advice to our li’l sister who is not so li’l now,
– and the list of these little moments go on in no particular order…
Yes, we are humble enough not to boast about any of these.
I guess we all are doing all of these – may be, the proportions vary, as each individual’s life is different. But do pay attention to those little moments. It would surely make your soul feel rich – Yes, you are all of this and more.
How about a change in expression of your responsibilities?
“I have to …” to “I can …”
I have to drop my son on time. -> I can drop my son on time.
“I can…” to “I am privileged…”
I have to rush to work. -> I am privileged to work and earn.
I don’t know whether I am making sense in blabbering to you. But this is how my thought process goes. This is what empowers me as a woman or better, as an individual. Empowerment is in our minds – how we perceive our little victories everyday. No need to project it – it would shine through you!
Have a wonderful day everyone!